The male hormone present in the body of a man is known as testosterone. This hormone is present in both men and women. However, the production of the hormone is much more in a man than that of a woman. It is responsible for bringing changes in the appearances of a man and controls the sex drive.
What Are The Facts About Testosterone?
- Testosterone is also an androgen hormone. It is responsible for enhancing male characteristics in the body.
- It is produced in the human male testes whereas in women it is produced in the ovaries.
- The testosterone levels in men are higher than that in women. Therefore, when men face a dip in their testosterone levels they have troubles with getting an erection.
- It helps with regards to the development of the internal as well as the external organs of the male fetus.
- At the time of puberty, testosterone is responsible for causing growth spurts, deepening of voice and hair growth in pubic, facial and underarms.
- It is directly associated with behaviors such as aggressive nature and sex drive. The testosterone helps me to produce sperm for reproduction.
- In the case of women, the testosterone promotes the sex drive. It helps to secrete vital hormones in women during the menstrual cycle.
- This hormone is equally important for both sexes but in men, it can be responsible for affecting a mans bone density, fat distribution, and muscle strength.
- Low testosterone can lead to numerous physical symptoms which should not be ignored. It can also lead to diabetes due to a cause of insulin resistance.
What Are The Symptoms Of Low Testosterone?
- Lose interest in sex due to low libido levels
- Erectile dysfunctions and face difficulty to have an erection
- Gain excess weight
- Heavy hair fall
- Lose muscle pass
- Slow growth of the testicles or penis
What Leads to Causing Low Testosterone In The Body?
Boys generally start their puberty around the age of 10. A delay to this can lead to causing low testosterone levels. The various other possible causes that lead to low testosterone levels are:
- Health conditions as diabetes
- Damage to the testes due to any physical trauma or viral sickness
- Genetic illness which is also inclusive of Prader-Willi syndromes
- Any sort of tumor
- Testicular failure
Thus it is extremely vital to maintain the testosterone levels in the body at all times. You should ensure to get regular tests done to know well on your testosterone levels. Even doctors recommend maintaining the levels of your testosterone at all times as it is directly connected with the well being of your overall body. Therefore, there is a huge demand for testosterone boosting supplements as it helps men overcome the issue of low testosterone.